Skip to main content

The Sisters Brothers


The Sisters Brothers went far below my expectations and bored my dad and I to death.

The Sisters Brothers open up to a gun fight between Eli Sisters (John C. Reilly) along with his brother, Charlie Sisters (Joaquin Phoenix), as they fight to kill their target. The Sisters Brothers act as hitmen for a guy called, The Commodore. They are instructed to go and kill a chemist named, Hermann Kermit Warm (Riz Ahmed).  
So I went into this film expecting to go and see a fun western movie, and what I go was a borefest. Granted the opening scene was good and the action was fine. However, the film just goes downhill after that. It takes to long to get the ball rolling and at one point it feels like they abandoned the plot altogether in the film. There is so much wasted potential in this movie I'm honestly shocked by how bad it really was. I saw this in an AMC Theater, and they are already overpriced, but this movie was not worth the ticket for admission it was printed on! Honestly it feels like they just pumped out this movie for a quick buck.
I like John C. Reilly, and there are other films that he's in that I enjoyed, but he doesn't bring much into this film. Yet his character Eli, is one of the better acted characters. Riz Ahmed seemed familiar to me and when I watched this film, I swear that I saw him in something else, and lo and behold, I have. Riz is not a bad actor, he just chose a bad film. Joaquin Phoenix is an alright actor in this movie, and he remains static throughout.
Towards the end of the film, the action gets kinda dull as it was like the filmmakers were running out of ideas just to keep the film going as long as they could. Honestly this movie should have been cut at least a half hour in length. For the most part the camera work was fine, and the music was slightly forgettable.
Would I recommend seeing this movie? It might be good to watch if you're having trouble sleeping and you need something to help you drift off to more pleasant dreams, because The Sisters Brothers is one movie I want to fade away.



final score: 2.3/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!