Skip to main content

31 Posts Of Halloween: Stephanie

Stephanie is a 2017 horror film that was not bad, but not really that great of a film either, it's just different.

Stephanie is about a young girl named Stephanie whom is left alone for some time. There are hints that some sort of devastating event is occurring, but it doesn't seem like it has been of much consequence to Stephanie thus far.
Alright, this is one of those films that you probably didn't hear about, and granted I didn't either, but it sounded decent enough to give it a go, and my overall thoughts on the film are... eh. 
The young actress who plays Stephanie does a fine job, as do all the other actors in this film, but it's just not grossly captivating. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad film, I've covered plenty of bad films so far this month. There's something about this film that is interesting but at the same time not. It's quite strange and very hard to explain. It's been a while sense I've had mixed feelings about a film like this, and I still don't know what I should make of it.
Stephanie is basically a toss up and I'm having a hard time deciding what to rank this film. Yet, as all (most) films that are on this blog, it must be ranked. I think this one, dear reader is more subjective than it lets on.


final score: 2.9/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!