Skip to main content

31 Posts Of Halloween: Let Me In


Let Me In is a 2010 vampire film based off of a Swedish book called Let The Right One In. 

This is a pretty decent vampire flick, but it does have some lost potential. The movie follows Owen, a 12 year old kid that is getting bullied in school. One day a "12 year old" girl named Abby, moves in next door to him and a friendship ensues.
The two main child actors do a pretty good job playing their characters. Owen is played by Kodi Smit-McPhee, and Abby is played by Chloë Grace Mortez. They and the rest of the cast are kinda believable. I don't think that there was a "bad" performance in this movie.
One thing I wish we did see more of in this film is Owen and Abby getting to know each other a little more. I don't think that they needed to add much, but maybe two or three more scenes of them just hanging-out. The film does a good job don't get me wrong, I just think that showing them bond more would have been better in my opinion. Though in the about two hour run time, this movie feels quick.
The music is somewhat forgettable and does not really add much overall. I don't really remember any songs in this movie.
One thing though this movie does very well is build a sense of dark atmosphere. There's no real bright colors in this film. There is a theme of dramatic blues and oranges, which does help set the tone overall.
In a way, there is a slight gothic feel to this movie. In that it is a bit of a slow burn horror, or in that the horror is the situation itself. Just imagine befriending someone who could rip your throat out and drink all of your blood in a few moments, yet they don't. There is some situational horror there, and Let Me In does this very well.
Would I recommend seeing this movie? Yes, I believe that I would recommend this one. It does have it's faults, but in the end it still is enjoyable.



final score: 3.3/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!