Skip to main content

Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Review

Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Poster

Dora and the Lost City of Gold Movie Review

This Was My Dad's Idea

Well... I went and saw Dora and the Lost City of Gold today with my dad, and... the film was a lot funnier than it has any right to be.
Dora and the Lost City of Gold is a live action adaptation of the Dora tv show on Nickelodeon. Dora, now a teenager, is sent to the City to live with her cousin, Diego, while her parents go exploring for a lost City. When her parents go missing, Dora and her new friends go and search for her parents.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the movie wasn't half bad. There is a ton of tongue and cheek humor. There is some cringe to the Dora and the Lost City of Gold too, but remember, this is a movie made for kids. As a kids film, it does a fine job.
The acting was fine, and for a kids film, everyone did alright. Isabela Moner, who played Dora, did a good job portraying the character from what I remember about the show when I was very young. What surprised me most about this actress was the other films she was in, such as Transformers The Last Knight, and Sicario Day of the Soldado.
The sets for Dora and the Lost City of Gold, were creative and engaging. I think the colors were good for a kids film. It was bright and nothing was very harsh.
The comedy in Dora and the Lost City of Gold, was surprisingly well done for the most part. There are a few jokes only adults will get, but nothing very graphic. If you enjoy tongue and cheek humor, you'll find yourself more than chuckling.
If you have kids, they'll probably like Dora and the Lost City of Gold. I think it's a decent enough kids film, and there are plenty of worse kids films out there than Dora and the Lost City of Gold.


final score: 3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...