Skip to main content

Top 5 Most Anticipated 2019 Movies Revisited

Top 5 Most Anticipated 2019 Movies Revisited 

Some Good, Some Bad

If you've been with the blog for a while, you might have noticed all the way back on January 1st of 2019 I created a Top 5 Most Anticipated 2019 Movies list. So, either all the movies have been out by now, or they got pushed. I though it'd be fun to revisit these movies and cover my thoughts, and see if they were worthy as I initially thought they would be. I'll be going over each film as I initially placed them. Click on the title to read the review. Let's kick things off with number 5!

5. Godzilla: King of the Monsters

This was a huge let down. I went into the theater so excited to see giant monsters fight on screen. What I got was poor acting and dialogue. The visuals were great, and when the fights were happening, I loved every second of it. The only problem was they didn't show enough of Godzilla. It sucks for me cause I used to watch the poorly dubbed Godzilla films when I was a kid, and I loved the heck outa them! I just wish the movie didn't take itself as seriously and brought back the old charm Godzilla had.

4. Glass

I know not everyone liked this film. I'm probably in the minority who enjoyed it, but I don't think it deserves the hate it got when it came out. Sure it's not as good as Split, but it was still entertaining. I will admit the film was far from perfect and it had its problems, but it was a fun flick. I don't think it's award worthy, but it was still entertaining.

3. Dark Phoenix 

I skipped this one. I really wanted to go see Dark Phoenix, I really did, but nearly everyone (save for a small handful of people) was telling me not to go and see Dark Phoenix. I'm not a big fan of Sophie Turner, but I was willing to giver her a shot in the X-Men franchise. I still might see this movie when I can see it for free on Netflix or somewhere when it comes out on one of these streaming services. 

2. John Wick 3: Parabellum

I'm a fan of John Wick. Keanu Reeves is a fantastic actor, and I think he was born to play John Wick. I found myself enjoying the third installment in this franchise, but it did drag a bit compared to the first two films. The action was still great, and the acting was awesome too. However the film was a bit long and did drag out a few scenes which should have been a couple minutes shorter. That said, I would watch the film again, and consider adding it to my film library.

1. The New Mutants

I've mentioned this film a few times on the blog. I really want to see it, but Disney keeps pushing the film back. The film was supposed to be released back on April 13, 2018, but it got pushed to August 2019, and now it's been pushed to April 3, 2020. I've made a few complaints in the past about Disney more than once. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the older Disney films, but I'm not so happy with the current era. I think we've waited for this movie long enough. Please Disney, don't push it again!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would