Skip to main content

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Movie Review

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Movie Poster

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! Movie Review

A Great 80s Comedy

I'm somewhat surprised I haven't seen The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! before, but I finally got around to seeing it, and it was hilarious! Also, for the rest of the review, I'm just going to refer to the movie as, The Naked Gun.
The Naked Gun follows Detective Frank Derbin (Leslie Nielsen) as he attempts to stop a plot to murder Queen Elizabeth II.
 This is a great 80s film. The acting, cinematography, and directing are all great. I found this film as a great film to unwind at the end of the day.
Leslie Nielsen as Frank Berlin was fantastic. He practically becomes the character and plays it so naturally. It almost feels as if this movie was tailored specifically for him. All the other actors in the film did a fine job as well.
I found the cinematography to be fun and functional. There are no wasted shots in The Naked Gun. Just simply, the camera work was good.
It looked like the director had a ton of fun making this film. David Zucker knew what he wanted and went for it.
I know this is a short review of The Naked Gun, but I don't have much else to say about the film. I found The Naked Gun to be a great comedy, and if you're looking to pass the time with a good laugh, then The Naked Gun is for you.



final score: 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...