Skip to main content

MindHunter Season 2 Review

MindHunter Season 2 Netflix Show Poster

MindHunter Season 2 Review

Hot Damn That Was A Good Season!

If you have Netflix, you need to be watching MindHunter. This show is fantastic, and it's quickly rising to become one of my favorites. If you haven't checked out my review for Season 1 yet all the way back from 2017, go and do so.
Season 2 of MindHunter continues the story of two FBI agents, Holden Ford (Jonathan Groff) and Bill Tench (Holt McCallany) along with physiologist, Dr. Wendy Carr (Anna Torv) in the late 1970s as they build upon the new behavioral science unit at the FBI. This season, their unit begins to expand, and they begin to apply their finding in the field. 
I purposely left the show description a little sparse this time, because if I gave more, I fear I'd enter spoiler territory.
The acting was topnotch! The camera work was beautifully crafted and the overall aesthetic of the show is incredible.
Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, and Anna Torv are fantastic actors. They play their parts so naturally, they have truly embraced their characters. I really like the chemistry between the actors, they play to each others strengths. I don't see much weaknesses in the characters, but I would like to see more of the character, Holden Ford's personal life as the show doesn't explore it much.
The camera work is very engaging and I found myself to be almost entranced by the well composed shots. The coloring for the series has some grey tones to it, but it fits given the content. The sound is crisp and clear.
I think it would be fun to direct one of the episodes for the show, but creepy at the same time. Knowing that the show is based on real events, it's very eerie, and at times, downright disturbing. Yet it's fascinating figuring out the minds of their subjects.  In a way, I think it's important what the show is doing.
If you're a fan of crime dramas, David Fincher, or just good television, give MindHunter a shot. I think it's a fantastic show and it won't let you down.



final score: 4.7/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would