Skip to main content

Good Boys Movie Review

Good Boys Movie Poster

Good Boys Movie Review

Superbad If It Were Sixth Graders

I got to see an advanced screening of Good Boys this past Wednesday with a couple buddies of mine, and we laughed our butts off!
Good Boys stars three young sixth graders, Max (Jacob Tremblay), Lucas (Keith L. Williams), and Thor (Brady Noon), as the three of them get entangled in hijinks.
Look, this movie is a very raunchy comedy. If that's not your style of humor, then you won't like this film. If you're okay with raunchy comedy, you will love Good Boys. 
The three young stars did a fantastic job and worked well with each other. Jacob Tremblay, Keith L. Williams, and Brady Noon, all did such a fantastic job. I could see the three of them being friends in real life because their chemistry on screen had such a natural flow. All the other actors in this film did well as well.
The laughs just keep on coming. I laughed from the first scene, to the last. Jokes are quick and they keep coming. Remember though, this is a raunchy comedy. Do NOT bring your kids to see this film. It's not appropriate for young kids in any way, shape, or form. That said, each joke landed. 
If I had to give a complaint, it would be that there is some cringe in the film. It's not over the top, but it's there. So, be aware of that going into the film.
The film has an 89 minute runtime, and it feels a bit longer than it actually is. Usually, that would be a bad thing, but for this film, they make it work. So, this isn't a complaint, but a very odd positive for the film.
The camera work was well done, and I have no complaints about the shots. The lighting worked and the color scheme felt natural. The directing seemed seamless, and Gene Stupnitsky knew what he was doing. This film looked as if it would have been a blast to direct.
I really loved this movie, and it might be one of my favorite comedies of the year. Heck, I might even go see it again, and I rarely ever go and see a movie twice in a theater. I'm finding it difficult to decide what to rate this film. I giving my rating, I want to say again, this movie is not for everyone, that said, I'm going to award it my second five out of five of the year. If you wanna see a good raunchy comedy, go and see, Good Boys.



final score: 5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would