Skip to main content

Good Boys Movie Review

Good Boys Movie Poster

Good Boys Movie Review

Superbad If It Were Sixth Graders

I got to see an advanced screening of Good Boys this past Wednesday with a couple buddies of mine, and we laughed our butts off!
Good Boys stars three young sixth graders, Max (Jacob Tremblay), Lucas (Keith L. Williams), and Thor (Brady Noon), as the three of them get entangled in hijinks.
Look, this movie is a very raunchy comedy. If that's not your style of humor, then you won't like this film. If you're okay with raunchy comedy, you will love Good Boys. 
The three young stars did a fantastic job and worked well with each other. Jacob Tremblay, Keith L. Williams, and Brady Noon, all did such a fantastic job. I could see the three of them being friends in real life because their chemistry on screen had such a natural flow. All the other actors in this film did well as well.
The laughs just keep on coming. I laughed from the first scene, to the last. Jokes are quick and they keep coming. Remember though, this is a raunchy comedy. Do NOT bring your kids to see this film. It's not appropriate for young kids in any way, shape, or form. That said, each joke landed. 
If I had to give a complaint, it would be that there is some cringe in the film. It's not over the top, but it's there. So, be aware of that going into the film.
The film has an 89 minute runtime, and it feels a bit longer than it actually is. Usually, that would be a bad thing, but for this film, they make it work. So, this isn't a complaint, but a very odd positive for the film.
The camera work was well done, and I have no complaints about the shots. The lighting worked and the color scheme felt natural. The directing seemed seamless, and Gene Stupnitsky knew what he was doing. This film looked as if it would have been a blast to direct.
I really loved this movie, and it might be one of my favorite comedies of the year. Heck, I might even go see it again, and I rarely ever go and see a movie twice in a theater. I'm finding it difficult to decide what to rate this film. I giving my rating, I want to say again, this movie is not for everyone, that said, I'm going to award it my second five out of five of the year. If you wanna see a good raunchy comedy, go and see, Good Boys.



final score: 5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...