Skip to main content

John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum Movie Review

John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum Movie Poster

John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum Movie Review

A Classy Mortal Kombat

Wow just wow! I literally just got home from seeing John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum (I'm just going to call it John Wick 3 for the rest of the review) and hot diggity damn, was this a fun film!
John Wick 3 starts only a little bit after 2 ends. John is racing against the clock in the first few minutes for final preparations before he's excommunicated. Once he is, all hell breaks loose. Will he be able to reverse his fate?
I want to say, this poster is pretty damn cool. Anyways, onto the movie, Keanu Reeves returns to his roll as John Wick, and he does a fantastic job as ever. The color scheme was top notch, the camera work was fantastic, and the action was a blast. My only gripe with the film is that it does feel a little long at times, and there was one scene which should have been shortened, but the rest was fine.
As I said in my Chapter 2 review, Keanu Reeves was in his element. I swear that man was born to play John Wick. What I love about his character is, he makes every word count. Seriously, there's no fluff dialogue. Again Keanu Reeves, I applaud you sir.
Just like the last film, I really enjoyed the color scheme. It adds depth to the film and elevates it's badassery. The camera work was really well done too. It was probably thrilling being behind the camera watching Keanu Reeves go at it. 
I did mention the film is a bit long, and you do feel the length at times. This doesn't happen often, but when it does it's very noticeable. As with every action film, there's always a big fight scene at the end. Yet there was this one part of the end action scene which did drag on for a bit long. I think they could have shortened it a couple minutes. Other than that, I don't really have any other complaints.
The action scenes were so freaking fun to watch. Though they don't shy away from the deaths in this one as much. It doesn't go full Mortal Kombat, but there's a reason why I mentioned it in the subheading. 
I want to take a sec and applaud the rest of the cast. Everyone fits so well into the film, and they all seemed natural. There was some more character development for the secondary characters which was nice. I just wanna say, Great job everybody!
Look, if you're a fan of the John Wick series, then you'll like John Wick 3. Plain and simple, it's a great film. I just hope we don't have to wait to long for the next installment. If you're not doing anything this weekend, go and see John Wick 3.



final score: 4.4/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...