Skip to main content

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile Movie Review

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile Movie Review

An Eerie, Thrilling, Disturbing Film

I watched Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile a couple of days ago, and I found myself enjoying the movie.
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile is based on the Ted Bundy Trials. Ted (Zac Efron) is never really shown committing his heinous crimes. Instead we view the film switching between his perspective and his long time (ex)girlfriend, Liz Kendall (Lily Collins).
I understand this film is not getting the best ratings, but I still found myself enjoying the film. I don't think it should be getting as much flack as it is. When you get a film like this, there are two was to view it. The first is from a historical perspective, and the second is from a cinematic perspective.
All, 'based on true story' films are changed and either over or under dramatized. They usually get the main events down, but change some details. I'm not to familiar with the Ted Bundy case, so I can't quote on this films accuracy. I can however, judge it for it's cinematic value.
There were some gut wrenching moments in this film for me. I was absolutely sickened by parts of this film. Zac Efron puts charm into his portrayal, and it makes it all the more disturbing. I honestly think Zac Efron is doing a good job stepping out of his more comedic roles, and into something more serious. 
While watching this film, I swear I've seen Lily Collins in some other movie before, but I just can't place it. Anyways, I think Lily Collins did a fine job as well.
After watching Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, it made me think of another Netflix program, Mindhunter, which is also based on a true story I believe.
I personally thought this film was well done and an enjoyable watch. It can not be stated enough times how sick these crimes were. Though judging this film based on it's cinematic value alone, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile is a good film.


final score: 4/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...