Skip to main content

John Wick Chapter 2 Movie Review

John Wick Chapter 2 Movie Review

A Fantastic Action Packed Sequel 

John Wick Chapter 2 is a phenomenal film! I've seen it multiple times, and each time I watch it, it just gets better.
John Wick Chapter 2 starts out a little after the first movie has ended. John has gotten his revenge and now wants to go back into retirement. Yet when he is called upon to fulfill a promise he made long time ago, he refuses. Thus the hunter becomes the hunted.
John Wick Chapter 2 is great. If you haven't read my review for the first film, I'd recommend doing so, and also watching the first film too. Keanu Reeves is back and as good as ever. I swear that man is the best action star of this decade. When we think of action stars, we think of Indiana Jones, John McClane, Rick O'Connell, James Bond, and now we can add John Wick to such an epic list.
John Wick Chapter 2 seems to be a bit more stylized than the first film. The colors are more dramatic, and it adds to the overall tone of the film. And it makes sense for what they're going for, it's not over the top. They work in the color scheme just enough to make the perfect impact.
Keanu Reeves is by far a one of the best actors out right now. Yet again he seems in his element as John Wick. He encompasses the roll so well, I cannot see any other actor playing the part. I applaud him for such a great performance.
Another thing I really enjoyed about the film is that we get to see more of this assassin's world. It's fleshed out more and seems natural. Again this movie as like the pervious does a show don't tell when it come to world building most of the time. It's cool how we as the audience get to see John Wick interact with everything in the most badass way possible.
I would have loved to have been the director for John Wick Chapter 2. I can't imagine how much fun it would have been to direct this film. Chad Stahelski, I applaud you sir, good job!
The action scenes themselves are fantastic. They build upon the scenes from the previous movie, and they give so much more. It's thrilling and I can't get enough! 
If you enjoyed the first film, then you'll like the second. Hands down this is such a fantastic franchise.  I think this series might be one of the defining franchises in the action genre. Seriously, go out and watch, John Wick Chapter 2.



final score: 4.5/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...