Skip to main content

John Wick Movie Review

John Wick Movie Poster, with Keanu Reeves

John Wick Movie Review 

A Fantastic Action Film

I've seen John Wick a couple of times, and I thought I reviewed it already. Apparently, I haven't. So here's the long overdue review of, John Wick.
John Wick follows, John Wick (Keanu Reeves) as a retired assassin. One day when a group of guys, kill his dog and steal his car, he goes out seeking vengeance. 
I swear this might be my favorite Keanu Reeves movie so far. The action in John Wick is just incredible. The acting is top notch for the genre, and Keanu Reeves gives a fantastic performance! Let's dig into this movie a little further. 
If you haven't seen this film and you love action, it's a must. The fights are so fun to watch and you can clearly see Keanu Reeves enjoying himself here. There's style and a lack of quick jarring cuts. You actually get to see the fight happening without 20 cuts in five freaking seconds, crazy right? Who would actually show you the action? Well, apparently John Wick.
Keanu Reeves gives such a fantastic performance as this character. He seems in his element as if he was born to play John Wick. He takes the character seriously and it's greatly appreciated. In the film he's hyped up as a badass, and the beautifully follow the show don't tell rule. Well, they tell a little, but the character earn his reputation.
The camera work was well done and overall, competently shot. The music in the film fit each scene perfectly. The special effects were a thriller. I also have a sneaking suspicion the director had a blast making John Wick. 
Should you see John Wick? Heck yes you should! If you're looking to have a fun time and don't know what to watch, pop in John Wick.



final score: 4.4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...