Skip to main content

There's Another New Mutants Trailer Out!

There's Another New Mutants Trailer Out!

I don't know if you've noticed, but I've been looking forward to the movie, The New Mutants for a while. If you haven't, you can see it here, here, here, and here. So, what are my thoughts on the new trailer after years of hype? It's pretty good.
I'm not entirely blown away by the new trailer, but I am happy with it. Apparently the new release date is April 3rd, 2020 according to Wikipedia. Let's back track for a moment and look at all the release dates. The New Mutants was first supposed be released on April 13th 2018, then it was pushed to February 22nd 2019 because of Deadpool 2, then it was pushed again August 2nd 2019 because of Dark Phoenix, and now that Disney has bought out Fox, it's supposed to come out April 3rd 2020. 
I've waited for this film for too long. It's about freaking time they release it! I'm not the biggest superhero fan, but by golly I've been waiting for this film for so freaking long!!!
Apparently they're going to keep the film at a PG-13 rating which I am a little nervous about. I did hope that they would go all out. Imagine a horror superhero film with a hard R rating. That would be so freaking cool! I'm still excited for the film, but I wish they wouldn't hold back, and by keeping the film as a PG-13 it tells me that they're going to play it safe. This doesn't mean it will be bad, but it would have been cool if they were willing to take a few risks.
I really hope this movie is good. I think it's the last X-Men film that Fox hasn't released since they were bought by Disney. I might make another rant on why Disney acquiring more and more film companies is a bad thing. Oh crap, I'm going off on a tangent, let's get back on track. Eh?
The trailer looks decent enough, and they do have a solid cast. I enjoy Maisie Williams's acting and Anya Taylor-Joy is a good actress herself. Charlie Heaton has held his own as well. I'm happy with the fairly young cast the film has going for it. The real question isn't their acting abilities, but if the script is good. Gosh I hope the script is good.
All in all though, the trailer is pretty solid. I still looks like an X-Men film but with some horror elements. I had hope that it would go down the more Logan route and be a horror film first, but that is to be seen. Either way, they better not freaking push this film again!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would