Skip to main content

Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2020

Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies Of 2020

New Year, New Movies

Happy New Year Everyone! I think I'm going to add this list to the tradition on the blog and give yet another top 5 most anticipated movies list. Some of these movies I didn't expect would make this list, but here they are. Let's get right into my top 5 most anticipated movies of 2020!

5. The King's Man

I'm a fan of the Kingsman series and I'm looking forward to the third installment of this franchise. I hope it does well. 

4. No Time To Die

I love the James Bond franchise and I can't wait to see another film in the series. I am a little hesitant about the movie however, as something rubs me the wrong way about the trailer and I can't put my finger on it. I heard they're moving away from the traditional James Bond style, and I'll give it a chance but it's not looking to hot so far. I will give the film a shot and I still love the James Bond series.

3. Bill & Ted Face The Music

Another Keanu Reeves film and another addition to the Bill & Ted series. I'm so far optimistic about the film. I love a good laugh and I hope to get one in this upcoming comedy.

2. Wonder Woman 1984

Gal Gadot probably saved the DCEU. I swear that franchise would have died by now if it wasn't for her. I enjoyed her in her first Wonder Woman film, granted it's not perfect but sure as hell better than Batman V Superman. The trailer looks fun and the colors really pop. I'm excited to go and see Wonder Woman 1984.

1. The New Mutants 

If you've been with the blog for a long time, you know I've been waiting for this movie for years. I reacted to the trailer back in 2018, it made my top 5 most anticipated movies list of 2019, and it's making this list as well. I've been waiting for this movie since 2017, and gosh darnit I don't want to see this movie pushed another year. Disney has been screwing with this film ever since they acquired it and it's been driving me crazy ever since. Please for the love of cinema, RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!

What movies do you want to see in 2020?

If there are any movies you'd like me to review in 2020, leave a comment and let me know! I'll give pretty much anything a shot. Also, what are your thoughts on this list? Love it? Hate it? Change it? Let me know! Here's to what I hope to be, a good year in film!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would