Skip to main content

Robin Hood (2018) Movie Review

Robin Hood (2018) Movie Review

The most cringe film of the year

So, the other day I saw the movie Robin Hood, and by Robin Hood I mean the new new one that has just come out in theaters. This movie is bad, it's really bad, and I understand why it's been getting such a low score by other film critics.
This film follows Robin of Loxley, as he is sent to the crusades and then after returning, his house was taken by the Sheriff of Nottingham. So now, with a new friend who was once an enemy, Robin and friends seek to bring about liberation of the people from the oppressive Sheriff and the other evils that plague their town.
Robin Hood seeks to fill some sort of savior complex but the movie sets it up so poorly. I understand that this is a more "fantasy" version of the story, but hot damn they could have at least put a sherd of effort into the blasted thing!
All of the characters were completely and utterly static, even Robin. This movie is trying to be somewhat in the same style as that King Arthur film that came out last year, but has nothing that made that film fun. This movie is such a missed opportunity.
Yet again, unlike the King Arthur film that came out the year before, the music in this film is completely forgettable. It's sad really because from a creative stand point, they could have really done something great.
Oh! Before I forget, character motivations switch like it was nothing, like one second, "Oh I'm the good guy," and then out of the freaking blue, "Ha ha ha, I'm evil," as they rub hands together. Also their are some blatant undertones to modern politics in this film, which would be fine if they didn't do them so lazily.
Would I recommend seeing this movie? Hell no! Save your money and go see a halfway decent film like The Crimes of Grindelwald or a really good film like Outlaw King. This film was such a disappointment right from the trailer.



final score: 2.3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!