Skip to main content

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword Movie Review

I just saw King Arthur: Legend of the Sword a few hours ago with a friend. I must say, this movie surpassed my expectations.
The movie is directed by Guy Ritchie, and he know what he wants from this film. What we get is a extremely fun and exciting action adventure with some comedy thrown in.
James Herbert edited this film perfectly, the style he brings to the film creates a flow that is a true pleasure to the audience members.
The music score was done by Daniel Pemberton. The songs match perfectly with the scenes that they are set with, I'm considering purchasing some of the songs from the album. Many of the songs rely heavily on percussion instruments.
It had a clean color scheme that was pleasing.
The actors lines are over the top just enough to work, and it works well. Arthur is portrayed by Charlie Hunnam, he preforms the role well I couldn't see anyone else playing Arthur, Charlie was made for this role. The villain of this tale is played by Jude Law, who portrays the villain pretty well if I do say so myself. Unfortunately Merlin isn't really in this film, which it would have been nice to see more of him. There is a female mage portrayed by Astrid Berges-Frisbey, between her character and Arthur there is a slight romance teased as a subplot, but it is not brought forth within this fun film. Arthur's friends are pretty entertaining throughout this movie and they are some of the best side characters in the film.
Of corse you should not expect that this film is based strongly in source material, go in expecting a lose interpretation. I should state though, that this movie is basically a video game movie done right. Go in with these expectations and you shouldn't be let down.



finale score: 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...