Skip to main content

History Week! Men Go To Battle


Men Go To Battle is a 2015 civil war era history film which turned out to be pretty good.

Men Go To Battle follows two brothers Francis (David Maloney) and Henry (Timothy Morton) as they struggle on their farm during the beginning stages of the civil war. Though they have their hardships, they end up taking different paths.
Alright, so Men Go To Battle is a good film, but slow. The pacing could have been better. I think they could have improved this by developing the characters a little more.
The movie shows the point of view of the common person during this era. It does have some interesting stuff when it comes to it's presentation.
The acting is well done in this movie, which for a low budget film is very impressive. Granted I could not find the budget for the film, but I did find how much the film grossed. It made $17,950 as of September 13th 2016, and I found this on IMDb. I honestly think that the film deserved to make more than that, especially for the quality of the film presented.
If you enjoy films about the civil war or any sort of period piece during that era, then you probably will like Men Go To Battle. I found myself having a good time with the film, and you might like it as well.



final score: 3.7/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...