Skip to main content

History Week! The Untouchables


The Untouchables is a 1987 historical crime film that takes place during prohibition, and it's a pretty decent film.

The Untouchables follows Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner) as he is an agent for the treasury department, and is tasked with taking down Al Capone (Robert De Niro). At first he has a hard time with getting things done, and that's until he teams up with a beat cop, Jim Malone (Sean Connery). Together, they form a team of untouchables, as they try to take down Capone.
Alright, this is a good movie. I wanted to get that out of the way first. Is it perfect? No. Is it good? Yes.
Each actor in this film does a fantastic job, as this film has an all star cast with, Kevin Costner, Robert De Niro, and Sean Connery. Each actor brings something to the table that the other doesn't and each of them balances each other out, and it works great.
Prohibition was an interesting era in American history, and especially the downfall of Capone is a great topic to be presented on the big screen. They did so much with this film, but at the same time, it doesn't always feel like it was enough.
I would recommend watching The Untouchables. It's a strong film in it's own right, but sometimes a bit formulaic. If you like crime films however, then The Untouchables just might be the perfect film for you.



final score: 3.7/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...