Skip to main content

What happened to 2D Animation?

If you enjoy a good animated film, such as I, then you have probably noticed the lack of 2D animation in the past few years.
I mean sure when you go to the store you might see a 2D animated superhero movie, but what you won't see is that movie in theaters.
3D animation has abruptly taken over the theaters with it's more simplistic style of animation. Gone are the days of hand drawn films, or just 2D made on a computer.
Don't get me wrong, I do like 3D films, it's just that the artistic style just can't match the pure beauty of 2D, for example lets take two examples of animation from Disney. First off the 3D animation style:



It's from a pretty popular film that you've heard of, and you may be thinking, alright that's pretty good, but wait let's compare it to some older 2D animation from Disney:



Now, you tell me which you think is better? I know that there is some CGI in the 2D one, but it still is the point that it is 2D.
There's just something about 2D that I miss, and I would like to see recaptured. It's a shame that it's not as popular as it once was in cinema. But hey, give me your thoughts in the comments, I want to know what you think about 2D and 3D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...