Skip to main content

Emo The Musical, Short VS Feature

So as part of a little series I've been doing I'm going to compare which version of Emo The Musical is better! (SPOILER WARNING)

So, if you haven't read either the Feature Film Review I would recommend reading that first, then reading the Short Film Review of the movie.
Alright now that's out of the way, I want to give a spoiler warning for this post. Turn back now if you don't want spoilers!
LAST WARNING FOR SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, the character of Ethan is very different form the short vs the feature. In the feature film, he is willing to compromise his beliefs so he can be with Trinity. Yet in the original short, he still wanted to be with her but he wouldn't change who he was. 
Now with Trinity, in the feature she was constantly trying to convince Ethan to convert and she does get what she wants. By that I mean, Ethan gets baptized, and sets aside his values for her, but in the short he stands up for his values but still accepts that hers are different and he's okay with that.
There is just so much more feeling from the short rather than the feature length version of this film, and I think it was reflected in the scores I gave the films.
Now, there are good parts to the feature length version, but they don't convey the tone the short was going for very well.
In the end, I think it's fine to watch both, but if you are going to watch only one of the two, then just watch the short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...