Skip to main content

Slender Man Movie Review

So a little while ago I saw Slender Man with a friend of mine, and the movie was pretty bad.

If you remember, Slender Man is a popular internet character, and Hollywood decided to capitalize on it. I did give a review of the trailer a while ago though.
So, this movie is not scary. I mean they build up to jump scares, but they really never deliver on them, like at all. At times this movie is an incoherent mess. The movie is to dark, as in the lighting, at times to see anything. They build up the music to a jump scare but there was nothing there, not even an animal. 
I was talking with my friend after this movie and we were wondering what Joey King was doing with her career. I mean she has been in good films, but nothing that great as of late. She needs to start picking better scripts.
In the end, this movie is dumb. It's just dumb, they check off the cliches and collect their checks. This had potential, but it fell far from great.


final score: 2/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...