Skip to main content

Halloween 2018 Movie Review


Halloween 2018 is the official sequel to the original Halloween movie, and this film left me smiling out of the theater.

In Halloween 2018 Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) has been training for decades for the return of Michael Myers. Laurie now has an estranged daughter, Karen (Judy Greer) and granddaughter, Allyson (Andi Matichak). Allyson wants to get close to her grandmother, but Karen doesn't want her to. Then just for Halloween, Michael Myers escapes, and the hunt is on! But the real question between Laurie and Michael is, who is the hunter and who is the prey?
Alright, this film is everything I wanted out of one of these films. The acting is great, the music is perfect, and it really is everything that one would want to see in one of these films.
Halloween is so fun, and it looked like the actors also had a lot of fun with this film as well. Jamie Lee Curtis plays such a powerful character, yet still flawed, which grounds Laurie Strode down into reality more. Honestly, Jamie Lee Curtis is phenomenal in this film. Judy Greer doesn't play an important character until towards the end of the film when she is needed, but it is neat watching her reaction to her mother in the film. Andi Matichak playing Allyson did a fine job portraying her character, and was a nice addition to the film.
Okay, I have to talk about the soundtrack to Halloween, because this is honestly such a fantastic soundtrack! They play the original theme to Halloween and it just gets you going and adds so much more depth to the film I cannot imagine seeing this movie without the soundtrack. Though when there  is no music, this movie knows how to do silence and do it effectively. The quiet moments in this film really build tension, and then when the music starts plays, oh, it's just so good!
There aren't really any downsides to this film. Maybe if I had to pick one, it would be some of the teens are a little annoying. Yet annoying teens is practically a staple of the genre at this point, so I'm not going to extremely fault the movie for that.
Something I didn't expect in this movie is the comedy. There isn't much comedy in the film, but when it pops up it's pretty darn good. There's a short scene involving a father and son, and my friends and I laughed at that scene, because just the way it was constructed was so well done.
Halloween 2018 is a must see film for any fan of the horror genre. I loved most of the characters and honestly this film has one of the best horror soundtracks in the entire genre. If you and your friends are wanting to go and see something spooky this Halloween season, then it is a must that you go and see, Halloween.



final score: 4.9/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...