Skip to main content

31 Posts Of Halloween: Childs Play


So, last night I watched the movie Childs Play on amazon. This was the first time I have ever watched the film. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I had expected.

I have heard much hype around Childs Play, and I have watched a little bit of the sequels. Yet I still haven't seen the original, and everyone was telling me to go and watch the original. So, I did.
The acting in this movie is alright. I'm not saying that it's bad, far from that, but to me, it just seems passible. The performances are not outstanding, but the actors to play there parts well enough that the story flows nicely. At some points though, their acting does seem a little stilted.  Then again for the circumstances of the movie it was okay, I guess.
Now Chucky the doll himself, that dude was a fun villain. For a horror film, he wasn't really that scary, but he was for sure entertaining. I do enjoy the POV shots that they do in the film to show Chucky moving around before they actually show that he is alive.
Nothing stands out much in the was for the color scheme in this movie. I didn't notice much of a theme that they could have gone for, and I don't know if that was intentional or not. The music for the movie was pretty forgettable.
Overall though, this is a classic 80's horror movie and I appreciate it for what it is. I just think that this movie could have be made a little better. It is worth watching at least once if you are a fan of the horror genre. If you saw the movie, let me know in the comments what you thought of it, if you liked it or not, and why?


final score: 3/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...