Skip to main content

31 Posts Of Halloween: The Lost Boys


Okay, so The Lost Boys is probably one of my favorite vampire movies to watch on or around Halloween. So, given that statement, you can probably guess how this review will go.


If you don't know the story of The Lost Boys, then here's a basic rundown of the movie. A recently divorced mother and her two sons movie from Phoenix Arizona, to California, to liver with the mother's father. Things are going pretty decently for a while, but then the older brother Michael, starts hanging around some unusually characters in their new home town, and the younger brother Sam must help save his brother and he is helped along with his new friends, the Frog brothers.
This movie is pure 80's and I love every second of it. Granted this is not a perfect film, but it's just so entertaining that the flaws of this movie can easily be overlooked.
One thing that I particularly love about this movie is that they don't show you what the vampires look like initially. It's left more up to the imagination, but we get to see their vampire form about half way through the movie if I remember right.
The acting in this movie is well done and just has that 80's factor that it seems like it can't be replicated in modern cinema.
The music of the movie is a mix of popular songs of the time and some original pieces if I'm correct. I think the musical choices for this movie were well picked.
The color scheme and costumes in this movie are very distinct and they fit very well for the overall tone of the movie.
I really enjoy this movie, and I try to watch it every year for the past few years now. I plan on continuing this little tradition, and I hope that you will enjoy this movie also, as it stands for truth, justice, and the American way.


final score: 4.4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...