Skip to main content

Adrift Movie Review

So I just got back from seeing Adrift at my towns theater, and it was a pretty good movie, but not amazing.
So this is one of those based on a true story kind of movies, and I don't know how accurate the film was but it seemed pretty realistic.
The movie portrays two people that get caught in a storm and get thrown off course and they are now adrift in the open ocean.
Shailene Woodley is a decent actress, and I've never really have gotten into her films to much but she seems to do an alright job in most things that she's in. Though her performance in this movie is actually very good. I'm a bit surprised to say it but she did make me believe that she was essentially stranded in the ocean trying to find her way back to civilization.
I don't think that there was one bad actor in this film, and the camerawork was nicely done. Also the music and color scheme were artfully done.
If you like survival films, you may want to check this one out. I enjoyed it, and I think that you might as well.


final score: 3.3/5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...