Skip to main content

Heathers Movie Review

So I just finished watching the 80's cult classic, Heathers, and I have to say that I really enjoyed this black comedy. The movie follows a girl named Veronica (Winona Ryder) as her and her boyfriend J.D. (Christian Slater) plan on killing the popular kids in the school. Veronica was once a part of the popular kids, but after she begins to date J.D. that's when the plotting begins. I must note that this is a black comedy, and this movie is not suited for everyone. If you can handle a dark sense of humor, then I would recommend this movie, otherwise you may want to pass on this one.
The acting in this movie is really well done for the most part. The comedy is well timed and paced to the point where you get just enough of a break between jokes to laugh at the jokes while still remaining invested into the story. They also say the one liners that only an 80's film could pull off, and I really mean that.
I honestly feel that the director of this film, Michael Lehmann, had a really fun time making this movie, because theres a certain quality about this 80's movie that makes you feel like the director, and everyone else that was involved with the making of this movie did care about it.
There is much shrugging off dark situations in such a comedic way, that only a film like this one could pull off. Then again, as I stated before, this is a black comedy.
The camera work was done in such a way that it demands your attention, and you enjoy giving this film your attention. There are some fun creative angles in some shots of this movie. The visual storytelling really conveys harmoniously the tone the movie is going for.
The music in this movie is pretty good. I wouldn't say it's the best 80's soundtrack out there, but it is passible.
If you enjoy 80's comedies, cult comedies, black comedies, or a mixture of the three, then you will probably like this movie. I would recommend seeing this movie to anyone that can handle the subject matter. If you saw this movie, give me your thoughts on it down below in the comments, I want to know what others thought of this movie.


final score: 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would