Skip to main content

Actor to watch out for: Anya Taylor-Joy

I have been meaning to make a post about this actress, Anya Taylor-Joy for a while now. I am also thinking that this will be part of a small series called "Actor to watch out for" where I talk about an actor/actress that has had a few big rolls but is still a little underground.
So Anya Taylor-Joy is an 21 year old actress and I would say that her first big hit was an indie film called The Witch (you can watch The Witch on amazon). Which I have not seen the movie The Witch yet, but I plan on seeing it in the near future, as it looks like a good movie.
Her next big film would be Split which came out last year. This was the first movie I saw Anya Taylor-Joy in and made me interested to see what else she was in. Though in Split she really did give a great performance.
Anya Taylor-Joy will be in two upcoming movies this year Thoroughbreds, a short drama thriller that is only 90 minutes long coming out March 9th, and The New Mutants (which I am looking forward to seeing) an X-Men horror film coming out April 13th.
From what I have seen so far from her is that she gives her performances her all, and that is appreciated. Anya Taylor-Joy is an actress to watch out for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...