Skip to main content

Rebel Without A Cause Movie Review

Rebel Without A Cause Movie Poster

Rebel Without A Cause Movie Review

A Fun Classic!

I saw the film, Rebel Without A Cause a little while ago, and I have to say, it's fantastic!
Rebel Without A Cause follows Jim Stark (James Dean) as he moves into a new town. He's a guy constantly getting into trouble and when he does, his parents pack everything up and head off to the next town.  The town they just moved to, Jim is putting in an effort to do better, but his peers might push him to do other things instead.
I want to start off by saying, this is the first James Dean film I've seen and man he's a great actor! It's a tragedy we lost a man of talent so young. The whole cast did a fine job with no real bad performances. The cinematography in Rebel Without A Cause is fantastic as well. The directing was very well done too.
I just have to gush about how great James Dean played Jim Stark. He was so freaking fantastic as this character. I want to see his other major films now after seeing Rebel Without A Cause. James Dean really brought Jim Stark to life. Really topnotch acting and perhaps one of my favorite performances. I think if you're planning on going into acting, you should watch Rebel Without A Cause, because it highlights the qualities of great acting. Sure there are some 1950s tropes in the film, it was after all released in 1955, but it's done in a way that is almost timeless. The rest of the cast in Rebel Without A Cause did a pretty good job too.
The cinematography is also a blast! There are some really fun shots in Rebel Without A Cause and I have to applaud the cameramen who shot the film. These cinematographers knew what they were doing and they went along and did it. 
Nicholas Ray's directing was also great. I kinda want to check out some of his other films now after seeing such a classic. 
There's a line in the beginning of the film which James Dean delivers, and I think it inspired a scene in Tommy Wiseau's movie, The Room. If you've seen, The Room, you know what I'm talking about. 
The action in the film is very well done and the pacing of the scenes is also great. The movie also has a good balance between music and silence. I think if a filmmaker know's how to effectively handle silence, it's a great skill to hold.
If you're looking to see a classic film, then turn on Rebel Without A Cause. I was not disappointed watching this movie and I don't think you'll be either. There's just something about the film that pulls you in and doesn't let you go. Rebel Without A Cause is truly a great film.



final score: 4.7/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would