Skip to main content

When Did Child Actors Become Amazing?

Okay is this just me, or in the past few years child actors have started to become amazing?  Given between tv and film, we have Stranger Things, IT (2017), Logan (Laura, Logans daughter), and more to come I am sure.
In the past though child actors had a bad reputation in film. We have all seen a movie with an annoying kid, and the kid actor was cast to be the annoying character. Which is kind of sad if you think about it.
Sure there were some good child actors in the past, but it seems more recently that we have been getting better and better child actors. So why is this?
I think that people are just getting tired of the annoying kid and they want to watch the adventurous kid instead. The kid that can act like an adult but yet remains childish. In a way it's almost like there's a balance that needs to be reached.
So why haven't child actors been respected as much as they have now? I think it's because that the major studios viewed it as to risky. It is safer to play something that worked in the past, but we know that the kids that are on screen is not how most kids usually act. Yet now the child actors of today are being placed in roles that better portray who a kid is. This is a great leap forward and I believe that this shows growing respect for these kids.
There are some problems I do have with the rise of child actors. It's not the actors themselves, but how people will treat them, to many they are now celebrities, but we have to remember that they are still kids themselves, and we should respect them enough to leave them alone as kids and not force them into adult gossip. People who do this to these child actors are very petty to do so. I understand that they will do promotional stuff for their film/show and that's all good, I just want to say that we should have a standard of respect on how we treat them.
As all trends in entertainment, I do think that this one is a little bit overdue but at least it is finally happening. I applaud the performances of these child actors for the great work that they do and I wish them well in there future endeavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...