Skip to main content

Apparently There's Going To Be Another Hunger Games Film & Book

Apparently There's Going To Be Another Hunger Games Film & Book

There I was just scrolling through twitter like a good lad when something caught my attention, "Could it be?" I thought to myself. I clicked on the article which laid before my very eyes and it was true, we are about to get another addition to The Hunger Games franchise!
A little background with my love for the series, I grew up at the right time when this was popular. I read the books before the movies came out. I was an instant fan. The series introduced me to the post apocalyptic genre of literature. I have since gone on to read other books in the genre, but The Hunger Games will always hold a special place in my heart for introducing me to it. I was probably in sixth grade when I first picked up the book, I might be a year off, but it was around sixth grade. 
Anyways when the movies came out, I was pumped! Though they do have their problems, and I'll be the first to admit they're far from perfect, I did however enjoy myself. 
Suzanne Collins apparently is now working on a prequel set 64 years before the original story. I'm a little excited, but a little nervous. It's been a few years since she's worked on the series, so I'm 50/50 on how this could turn out.
But apparently, Lionsgate has already decided they'll make the movie for this unpublished book. That's pretty quick timing. However it's not unexpected due to how much they made off of the franchise. I just hope they won't rush the film and make a sloppy movie. It would be interesting if they made this new prequel rated R, which could you imagine a rated R Hunger Games film? Damn that would be intense!
Love or hate the series, it's undeniable how The Hunger Games affected Pop Culture. I'm intrigued to see how this new book and movie will affect the culture once more.

Comments

  1. I'm pretty excited too to be honest! I thought the set up for the story was really interesting, and I'm happy to see that elaborated on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it. I'll have to dust off my old Hunger Games gear for the new book and movie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...