Skip to main content

The Death Of Stalin Movie Review

The Death Of Stalin Movie Poster

The Death Of Stalin

A Great Historical Comedy

The Death Of Stalin came out last year, and I missed it in theaters, and man did I miss out! I recently watched this movie, and it was such a fun film!
The Death Of Stalin is about the real historical events that occurred after the death of Stalin. Though the movie takes a more comedic spin on the film.
I can't understate how fun this film is! A someone who loves history, this film delivers. It's just amazing knowing that some of the comedic portions of this movie actually happened. Granted with any historical film they do change a few minor things, but it's not that bad.
The comedy in The Death Of Stalin is spot on! There are many great jokes in this film, and the vast majority of them land. It's always a pleasure seeing Steve Buscemi in a comedy, and he was probably my favorite in this film. I'm going to leave the trailer for this film at the bottom of this review, because this really is a great comedy.
There weren't any real flaws with this film, except the ending was kinda abrupt. I don't blame them for ending the film the way they did, but it didn't really feel like it came full circle in a satisfying ending. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I think they could have done a little better with how they left it.
There wasn't a bad performance in the movie, but like I said above, Steve Buscemi was probably my favorite in this movie. All the other actors did a fine job as well, and each played their part in the best way they could.
I honestly found myself wanting to come back to this film even after some time has passed since my first viewing of it, and I think this is a movie that has a strong rewatch factor. I was not disappointed by The Death Of Stalin, and you won't either.



final score: 4/5





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...