Skip to main content

Aquaman Movie Review

Aquaman Movie Review

Aquaman Movie Review

A fun time at the theater

So, I did see this movie a few days ago with my dad, and because of New Years, and my books, I thought now would be a good time to review Aquaman.
The movie starts out with the origins of Aquaman, as he is tasked with saving Atlantis from his half brother, before he declares war on the surface. To prevent this, Aquaman must go out and find a special trident, which will make him King.
The plot for this film is pretty straightforward and I'm fine with that. I was happy to see James Wan as the director, given his other style of films. Aquaman was hyped up a little by my friends, but they didn't hype it up to much.
I think this is going to end up being short review, and I'm surprised to say that because when I started writing this I thought I would have more to say about Aquaman, but honestly, this is just a turn your mind off and have fun, sort of film.
I will say this movie is better than some other DC films, and I think DC is finally getting the hang of this superhero movie thing. They still aren't perfect, but they are getting way better, and it's really nice to see them progress. If you want to see a fun action movie, then you really should go out and see Aquaman.



final score: 3/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...