Skip to main content

Casablanca Movie Review

Casablanca, considered one of the best movies ever made, I have heard some say, but does it live up to the hype? For the most part, yes.
This movie is very well acted, and I don't think there's a bad performance in this movie. All of the actors do a fine job at portraying their characters.
 The movie takes place in 1941 in a town called Casablanca that's in I believe, Morocco. The movie follows Rick a nightclub owner as an old love comes into town. This old love is a gal named Ilsa, and turns out she's married! And running from the Nazis!
This movie contains many one liners that have become famous throughout movie history. For example, "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine." and, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." There are a few other one liners from this movie, but you will have to watch it yourself.
The music score is done well. Not all of the songs are really that memorable, but I do believe that this soundtrack is perfect for this film. There is one song that is played multiple times throughout the movie, and I can't remember the name of it, but it does hold some significance in the film and it does portray the past of Rick and Ilsa quite well.
There are some pretty good jokes in this film too, and when they hit, ohh do they hit! This isn't a comedy, but there are a few jokes in here that are as good as the best comedies out there.
Classical films hold a sort of standard for film makers. They give us a glimpse of some of the best early minds of this art. There is a certain charm to this film that I just can't help but to like. Even if you don't really like classic movies, or any black and white film, Casablanca is one film you should still give a shot.


final score: 4/5





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...