Skip to main content

Watchmen Movie Review

Watchmen is a dark superhero movie that came out in 2009, and it's a really good movie.
First off I want to say that the actors in this movie do a phenomenal job in their roles. Really I'm going to give them an applause for their amazing performances.
The grittiness of this film is something I don't think a ton of people could handle. This movie has a lot of blood for a superhero film.
Another thing that I enjoy about the film that some may complain about is the length of it. Now I know that it might feel long, but I do think the length is appropriate to tell this story in a compelling manner.
The dynamics of the characters and their histories is told in a very compelling and interesting way.
There are some moral questions asked in this film about humanity, and I think that it does so in an interesting way for the most part.
Is this a perfect film? No. There are some problems with it, one of which is the CGI. I mean it's not terrible, but at the same time it's not great either. With a budget of $130 million, I think they could have done a little better than they did.
The ending of this film is so interesting. I want to spoil it but I won't. It's really clawing at the back of my mind to talk about it though. I might end up making another blog post giving a spoiler talk about the ending to this film.
If you like watching superhero movies, you might like this film. If you like movies that are a little darker, then you might like this film. If you like character driven movies, then you might like this film. I sure did and you might too.


final score: 4/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!