Skip to main content

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Movie Review

 

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Movie Poster

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Movie Review

This Film Is Brutal

I saw Justice League Dark: Apokolips War the other night and I couldn't get this film out of my head this morning. I'm still thinking about it. This is a good movie, but be warned, it is very brutal.
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War follows a large cast of characters of the DC universe as they fight Darkseid for the survival of the Earth. The movie mainly follows Superman (Jerry O'Connell), Constantine (Matt Ryan), and Raven (Taissa Farmiga), as they pick up the pieces and try to restore the world.
I wasn't prepared for what I saw. The voice acting is great, the animation is fluid, the pacing is top notch, and the story is engaging. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War earns it's R rating and rightly so. I'm not the biggest fan of superhero movies, but this one makes me want to watch more. 
I do want to note that Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is the conclusion to the DCAMU (DC Animated Movie Universe), which is way better than the DCEU. Also, this is the last film in the 16 movie franchise. DC should have put this series in theaters over their live action stuff, it would have done way better.
This was a perfect voice cast. Each actor brought their character to life. The interactions between the characters feel natural and have a good flow to them. The relationships are strong, and no one feels out of place.
DC really knows how to do animation. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is probably in my top 5 films at the moment for American Animation. It's not choppy and it's just so dang fluid. The motion feels so dang smooth in the film, you can tell the animators really took their time on this one.
There is never a dull moment in Justice League Dark: Apokolips War. The pacing was darn near perfect. No scene was wasted. The film is never too slow nor too rushed. Everything has its place.
If I have any complaints about the film, they are minor. There were a few lines of dialogue from side characters that could have been better here and there, but that's few and far between. Also, I initially wasn't the biggest fan of the ending, but after some thought, it grew on me and I'd say I like it now.
The R rating is well deserved. There is some imagery that can be pretty shocking. I'm not going to get into much detail, but imagine if your beloved main characters lost their plot armor and yeah... it's not a pretty sight. Lucky for me most of my favorites made it through to the end.
I really found myself enjoying Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, and it's something I do plan on watching again. If you're not a big fan of the DCEU, but still want to see some DC flicks, check out the DCAMU, it's way better. I just want to applaud everyone in the making of Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, well done!


final score: 4.7/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would