Skip to main content

The Shape Of Water Movie Review

So I'm a little late to this one but, here I am, finally reviewing The Shape of Water. I wanted to see this movie when it came out, and if you know me you know I really wanted to go and see this movie. The real question is, is it good though?
First off I want to say that the design of the creature was truly, visually amazing. I don't think it's any secret that they took inspiration from Creature of the Black Lagoon. The overall design of the amphibian man was spectacular.
Another thing I liked was the color scheme of the movie, there was a constant theme of green throughout the entire film. So for this type of movie I would say that was a perfect choice, and I probably would have done the same.
The music in this movie is done pretty well, but it's not that memorable. I don't think I heard any horns in the score now that I think about it.
Now onto the acting of the film. It was... decent for the most part, but I couldn't feel like all of the actors were giving it there all. The story was alright but it wasn't executed to it's full potential. So with the acting it was a bit of a let down.
Would I watch this movie again? Maybe if it was for free on tv. I could be completely wrong on this one, but I'm just not feeling it. What did you think of the movie? Tell me in the comments.
Is this movie worth a watch at least once? Yeah, yeah I think you should watch this movie at least once if you haven't seen it yet. Part of me wants to rate this movie a 3 but on some of the technical notes in this film, I feel like that would not do it justice. So, I think that I just might have to rate it a little higher.


final score: 3.2/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...