Skip to main content

Spider-Man: Homecoming Movie Review

So I saw this film yesterday with some friends and if I could sum up this entire movie into one word, that word would probably be, PREDICTABLE!
The first quarter of this movie was pretty good, and had some nice humor, I will admit. But after that you can pretty much guess what will happen for the entire film, and you will most likely be correct, within your guess.
They should have stuck with Andrew Garfield.
It really feels like they half-assed this movie, I'm not joking. Spider man homecoming follows the marvel formula to a tee!
There's no mention of Uncle Ben. The actress who plays Aunt May looks to young (a minor complaint) compared to past works of her.
I guessed the big "twist" at least about a half hour before it was revealed, I probably could have seen it earlier but I wasn't that interested.
I didn't feel much, if any, connection to Peter Parker as a character in this movie.
Some of the humor was really funny though, I have to give them props for that. But some of it was like they let a middle schooler write part of the script, I mean come on.
The romance was pretty forced, all throughout the film the gal didn't seem to have any attraction to Peter. Then all of a sudden, she did!
Save your money and wait until it comes out on tv, if you want to see it.


final score: 2.7/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...