Skip to main content

New Hunger Games Movie Announced

New Hunger Games Movie Announced

Will be based on new unreleased Book

The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes Movie Announced
So, I guess it's been made official, there will be another Hunger Games film coming out. This movie will follow the story line for the upcoming book, The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes. Longtime Hunger Games director, Francis Lawrence, will return to the Director chair for this installment. The author of the book series, Susan Collins seems like she'll be taking up a Producer roll.
It's a bit unusual that (at the time this was written) the book hasn't been released yet. The studio must feel awful confident about the story and the franchise since it's been a few years since it wrapped.
The basic story will follow President Snow in his younger years before he rose to power, during the 10th Hunger Games as he mentors a tribute from District 12.
I am pretty excited about the book and movie, but I'm a little cautious going into this. I read The Hunger Game series in my younger teen years and loved the franchise. I hope Susan Collins can recapture that spark which drove so many of our interests all those years ago.
For those of you who don't remember, or were to young at the time, The Hunger Games Franchise was the series that kicked off the YA Dystopian trend. For a while, kid and teen literature was driving pop culture. It started with Harry Potter as it's foundation, then for kids it moved to the Percy Jackson series. For teens it went the way of Twilight for better or worse. Then along came The Hunger Games which kept the YA heart pumping for another couple of years.
Times have changed since the heydays of this franchises popularity. I'm wondering if it will bounce back, or drift into obscurity. I hope the book and movie will be good. I would love to see more material in this Universe. Call it Nostalgia, but I'm excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncharted Movie Review

Uncharted Movie Review Not As Good As The Games I went and saw the movie Uncharted a while ago, and it was as I expected it to be. If you are a fan of the games, well... prepare for disappointment. Uncharted follows Nathan Drake (Tom Holland), a low level thief as he is recruited by Victor Sullivan (Mark Wahlberg) to go on a treasure hunt. As someone who has played some of the games, but not all, I have to say that the Uncharted film is what I thought it would be. A mishmash of all four games but not committing to any of them. The acting is a bit stale, and the plot is predictable. The camera work was fine, but the music was underused. Tom Holland should not have been Nathan Drake. He lacks the charisma, the attitude, and the charm. He may have passed for a teenage Nathan Drake, but he should have only been in a few scenes. I'm not the biggest fan of Tom Holland either long time readers may know. Now, onto Mark Wahlberg as Victor Sullivan. Mark Wahlberg is way too young to be playi

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Coda Movie Review

Coda Movie Review This Deserved Best Picture So, I just got back from seeing Coda, and it was amazing! This was the second attempt to see this film as the first time, someone booked the entire theater for a private screening. I'm going to take from a summary from IMDB to summarize the plot: " As a CODA (Child of Deaf Adults) Ruby is the only hearing person in her deaf family. When the family's fishing business is threatened, Ruby finds herself torn between pursuing her passion at Berklee College of Music and her fear of abandoning her parents." The acting was  phenomenal, the  cinematography was beautiful, and the story was human. The way this film is crafted is nothing short but excellent. I will not that not everything is 100% accurate, but for narrative reasons, I understand the choices they made. The actors have amazing chemistry together. Everything feels natural between them and they all bring their characters to life. No performance fell flat. I perhaps would