Skip to main content

New Hunger Games Movie Announced

New Hunger Games Movie Announced

Will be based on new unreleased Book

The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes Movie Announced
So, I guess it's been made official, there will be another Hunger Games film coming out. This movie will follow the story line for the upcoming book, The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes. Longtime Hunger Games director, Francis Lawrence, will return to the Director chair for this installment. The author of the book series, Susan Collins seems like she'll be taking up a Producer roll.
It's a bit unusual that (at the time this was written) the book hasn't been released yet. The studio must feel awful confident about the story and the franchise since it's been a few years since it wrapped.
The basic story will follow President Snow in his younger years before he rose to power, during the 10th Hunger Games as he mentors a tribute from District 12.
I am pretty excited about the book and movie, but I'm a little cautious going into this. I read The Hunger Game series in my younger teen years and loved the franchise. I hope Susan Collins can recapture that spark which drove so many of our interests all those years ago.
For those of you who don't remember, or were to young at the time, The Hunger Games Franchise was the series that kicked off the YA Dystopian trend. For a while, kid and teen literature was driving pop culture. It started with Harry Potter as it's foundation, then for kids it moved to the Percy Jackson series. For teens it went the way of Twilight for better or worse. Then along came The Hunger Games which kept the YA heart pumping for another couple of years.
Times have changed since the heydays of this franchises popularity. I'm wondering if it will bounce back, or drift into obscurity. I hope the book and movie will be good. I would love to see more material in this Universe. Call it Nostalgia, but I'm excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...