Skip to main content

Silent Film Week! The Egyptian Mummy Movie Review

The Egyptian Mummy Movie Poster

The Egyptian Mummy Movie Review

A Comedic Take On Future Horror

The Egyptian Mummy is a 1914 silent film and as far as I can tell, it's the first film about mummy's out there. 
The Egyptian Mummy is about a man who's attempting to impress a girl he likes father by becoming wealthy. He plans on doing this by selling a fake mummy who's really a homeless man to the father who wants to run scientific experiments. Shenanigans ensue.
I don't think many people have heard about this little film and that's okay, but it's definitely worth the watch. 
The acting is pretty decent for 1914 and it looks as if all of the actors were having fun with the film. There are very few actors in the film, but they all do a decent enough job. Each charters' motivation is clear, and I applaud the actors for their portrayal.
The camera work is pretty basic, but for the time it was still will put together over all. The music fit the scenes nicely and I found myself thoroughly entertained. I'm starting to really like this old ragtime style of music, and there's a certain charm about it which just makes me smile.
If you want to see an old fun movie, the watch The Egyptian Mummy. It's pretty short and as a little known classic, The Egyptian Mummy is well worth the watch.



final score: 3.7/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...