Skip to main content

Murder on the Orient Express Movie Review

So I just saw Murder on the Orient Express and it was alright, but it was refreshing to see a mystery film.
It's a simple plot really, a detective is trying to solve a murder on a train. The question is, is it done well?
The movie starts out a bit week and some of the actors are overacting. Granted the main character was portrayed extremely well, given that I haven't read the book.
The music was there when it needed to be, and there was silence when there needed to be, and I applaud the movie for this. Another thing that I found enjoyable on the technical level was the coloring of the film, which was crafted perfectly.
There are some plot holes in this movie though, which that can get a little annoying, but the mystery is intriguing. I can honestly say that I did not see the ending coming. It was a very well done twist and it was a nice surprise.
The movie like I said before starts a bit weak, but as it progresses it does become stronger, which is very good.
Yet overall this is just a film that I would watch on tv if it was on, and I probably wouldn't buy it, but in the end it is worth seeing at least once.


final score: 3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...