Skip to main content

Logan Movie Review

I saw Logan when it came out on the first night and showing in my town.
I was whisked away into an adventure that surpassed my expectations. The movie starts with a nice dramatic blue and orange color scheme, that becomes toned down but noticeable if you really look throughout the film. Hugh Jackman gives in my opinion one of the best performance's of his acting career, he has truly enveloped the character of Logan. Patrick Stewart gives a great performance as an aging Charles Xavier, he provides some depth to the world in the movie that is greatly appreciated. Then their is Dafne Keen, who plays Laura, most of you know by now (spoiler alert) that she is Logan's daughter. Laura is a complete badass!
The action scenes with Logan and Laura are so thrilling, they leave you wanting more. The action you do see is at the level of badass that has been craved for in "superhero" films. I put superhero in quotes because this film doesn't feel like a superhero movie, it feels like a dramatic action with some elements at times of a thriller that happens to have characters with some superhero type of powers, which works well for the film.
The score of the film blends perfectly that it doesn't over shadow the events of the film, nor does it undercast the film, it feels natural in the films setting.
My only complaints are that 1. The woman that was watching over Laura in the beginning of the film had some weak dialogue 2. I was hoping for what I call a campfire scene, which is were the characters bond more, which you do get some elements of that throughout the film but I think they could have sprinkled in some more.


finale score : 4.9/5




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...