Skip to main content

Happy Death Day Movie Review

So last night with a friend I went and saw the movie Happy Death Day. And I expected a good movie, but it was way better than I thought it would be.
The movie follows a college student, Tree Gelbman (played by Jessica Rothe) as she dies every night on her birthday, and wakes up on the same day as she died. So it's basically Groundhog Day as a horror movie.
There are some laugh out loud moments that are well earned. And the cast does a phenomenal job at the parts they play. The movie has a mystery to it that is done really well and I truly applaud them for it.
The music fits the tone of the scenes right to a tee and it is pleasing to see this done. Also the colors of the film are done extremely well in a way that convey what the film is trying to get across and it doesn't miss a beat.
One thing that this movie does the best though is how it plays out its twists. I can honestly say I did not see most or any of them coming, and it was a thrill to watch them play out.
Overall this is a well made horror comedy that I plan on rewatching or even buying in the future, kudos to those who made it!


final score: 3.8/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!