Skip to main content

Rough Night Movie Review

So last night with one of my friends, we went and saw the film Rough Night, and well... It surpassed my expectations.
I only saw the trailer once or twice about a month ago, so I did not really remember much about it. When my friend and I saw it last night we both thought that it would be just a dumb party movie with cheap laughs. just a 2/5 film, but we were oh so wrong.
I will admit that it does start out like just another party film but when it gets to the part were they kill the striper, then it gets oh so good.
I was also surprised to see Bo Burnham! I love his work!
Also Lucia Aniello who wrote (and she also directed) this film with Paul W. Downs, they did a fantastic job with this script! Paul W. Downs also played the bachelor in this film, and I must say he did an impressive job with his comedy.
I also have to applaud Scarlett Johansson, Jillian Bell, Zoƫ Kravitz, Ilana Glazer, and Kate McKinnon, they all did a fantastic job, and each gave us a good laugh throughout the film. Each of them brought such a level of comedic talent that is greatly appreciated.
One of my complaints though for the film is that some of the lines are kind of weak sometimes, but thankfully that is a rare occurrence. Most of the lines are delivered naturally and appear to be what that person would actually say.
I'm thinking that this is one of the surprise films of the year that more people should take the time to go out and see.


final score: 4/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...