Skip to main content

House Of Gucci Movie Review

House Of Gucci Movie Poster

House Of Gucci Movie Review

A Good Drama

First off, I know I'm behind on some reviews, but I want to get a couple more out before the end of the year lists. A while ago, I saw House Of Gucci. I found it to be a solid drama.
House Of Gucci follows the Italian Fashion Family, Gucci and their downfall as a family all because of one person.
This film is based on a true story. I don't know how accurate it is to the true events, I'm judging this review only on the merits of the film itself. House of Gucci has a great cast of actors. The cinematography is sharp. And the pacing is solid. 
Adam Driver is my favorite performance in House Of Gucci. Lady Gaga also did a solid job, and I know there was a little more focus on her character, but I think Adam Driver gave a stronger performance. Jared Leto was good. He wasn't great, but he was good. Al Pacino wasn't as strong as he could have been. He felt half invested in the film except for perhaps one particular scene. The supporting cast did a fine job as well.
I thought the cinematography was well done. The shots in House Of Gucci are really crisp. Noting felt out of place. The color scheme was solid and fit the overall tone of the film. The music also fit well in each scene.
The pacing of the film was pretty solid. I know pacing is a concern going into the film, but I found myself never growing tired of watching House Of Gucci.
I don't think this film will win any awards. I think it'll get nominated, but it probably won't really win any. I do think House Of Gucci is worth seeing at least once. If you have an interest in biopics, fashion history, or are a fan of a particular cast member, then I would recommend giving House Of Gucci a watch.


final score: 4/5
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...