Skip to main content

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It Movie Review

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It Movie Poster

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It Movie Review

Good, But Not Great



I went and saw The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It the other day with one of my friends, and it was a good movie. Not a great movie, but good.

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It continues The Conjuring Universe in this new installment where Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) face off against a new demon, but perhaps something more.

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It is based off the real trial ofArne Cheyenne Johnson. I'm not reviewing the accuracy of the film to the true events, I'm judging the film by itself. With that said, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga both did a fantastic job once again. I was a little disappointed that James Wan didn't direct this film, but Michael Chaves did an alright job.

The camera work was pretty solid. The music was good. The color scheme was fitting for the film. It was pretty well done on a technical side. However, there were maybe one or two shots I would have cut. They were very brief and didn't impact the film.

All of the actors did a fine job with what they were given. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga did a great job as always. Those two have great chemistry together and I hope to see them in future installments in The Conjuring Universe.

Given that this is a main title in The Conjuring Universe I was surprised that James Wan didn't direct The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It. I was glad that he was involved in some aspect still. Michael Chaves  looked as though he was trying to mimic James Wan's style for the series, but you can tell there is something different. Though Michael Chaves did hold his own in this franchise, it wasn't the best Conjuring film, nor did he push the boundaries for this franchise. It felt as if he was playing it safe.

The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It is a good addition to The Conjuring Universe. It's not a one of the best films, but it's not one of the worst either. I think The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It ranks somewhere in the middle. If you're a fan of The Conjuring Universe, then I would recommend going to see The Conjuring The Devil Made Me Do It.



final score: 3/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoë Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...