Skip to main content

Monster Hunter Movie Review

Monster Hunter Movie Poster

Monster Hunter Movie Review

Skip This One

The other day I went out with one of my friends and we saw Monster Hunter. If you haven't already passed this one up, you'll want to.
Monster Hunter follows Artemis (Milla Jovovich) as she is transported to a world of monsters and must survive.
Alright guys, this is going to be a short review. This movie is pretty trash. It's not even dumb fun where you can turn your brain off and watch cool action scenes, nope, just dumb. There's one section of the film that is 30 minutes too long. The ending... wait a sec... does this film technically have an ending? I suppose when the credits role that counts as an ending, but going off of basic narrative structure, no Monster Hunter does not have an ending.
Don't waste your time on this film, it'll be forgotten in the dustbin of film history. There is not enough substance here for it to even gain cult status. The only redeeming quality of Monster Hunter, is that some of the monster designs look cool. That it. 
If you were considering seeing this, don't. Go and see something that actually put some effort into telling a story, like the Resident Evil franchise compared to this hot mess of a film.


final score: 2.5/5 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!