Skip to main content

Thunder Road Movie Review

Thunder Road Movie Poster

Thunder Road Movie Review

One Of The Best Films I've Seen In Years

A bit ago I saw this masterpiece of a film, Thunder Road, written, directed, and starring Jim Cummings.
Thunder Road follows a glimpse in the life of a cop, Officer Jim Arnaud (Jim Cummings) as his life starts to fall apart. His wife is divorcing him, his young daughter doesn't want anything to do with him, and his mother just died. He is forced to go through so much before he reaches his breaking point.
Alright, I'm going to say it, Jim Cummings as Officer Jim Arnaud is one of the best acting performances I've seen in years. Thunder Road delivers some of the best and most realistic acting and should be a mandatory watch for anyone wanting to go into acting. I can't praise Jim Cummings performance enough, the way he portrays his character is so realistic, Jim Arnaud seems just like a guy you could go and meet, and he'd be a real freaking person. You know how some actors aren't as good and you can obviously tell they're just acting? Well watching Thunder Road is like I'm a bystander to someone else's life. The acting from the other actors in the film is top notch as well, and I applaud all of them.
Jim Cummings as a director did a fantastic job! His style is so engaging and drew me in so intensely, I have a strong desire to see more of his work. While many films out of Hollywood these days are pretty much crap, Thunder Road is a light in the darkness.
The cinematography is outstanding and even though many of the shots are standard, they convey the story well. It's obvious Thunder Road had a competent crew and their investment into the film really shows.
The music and the use of silence is very effective in the movie, and each in turn is placed in the appropriate place. 
Overall, I absolutely loved Thunder Road and would rewatch it again and again. This is one of those films that comes around once in a blue moon.



final score: 5/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...