Skip to main content

A Quiet Place Movie Review

So last night I went and saw the movie A Quiet Place, and it wasn't that bad.
So the plot of this movie is that we are invaded by blind aliens and we must stay quiet or else they will hear us and kill us. So the film follows a family that is just trying to survive through this, while most of society has collapsed, there are a few pockets of people left.
It sounds interesting and stupid at the same time, and while there are some really stupid moments in this film, there are also really great ones too.
So the movie is directed, and starring John Kransinski, as the father of the family. John's character is probably the best in the film, and you get the most sense of realism from him. I always think it's impressive if you can pull off starring and directing a movie.
The family communicate by using sign language, and the film does something really smart with it. Since their daughter was deaf before the aliens came, the family knew sign language beforehand. Also it turns out that the daughter, played by Millicent Simmonds, is deaf in real life. So we get a better portrayal of what the communication would  actually be like in that scenario.
There are some dumb decisions made by the family in this movie. For example they have a baby in an apocalypse where you need to remain quiet. Also there's a scene involving a nail that catches onto some laundry, and the laundry forces the nail into an up right position that will... hurt... later on which could have easily been prevented by the mother.
Overall though, this isn't a bad movie and I think that I would recommend going to see this one. It's worth seeing at least once.


final score: 3.5/5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...