Skip to main content

The Pursuit Of Happyness Movie Review

The Pursuit Of Happyness Movie Poster

The Pursuit Of Happyness Movie Review

A Great Film


A few days ago, I watched The Pursuit Of Happyness which came out back in 2006. I wanted to see it back then, but I didn't get the chance. However, a few days ago I watched The Pursuit Of Happyness for the first time and I loved the film.
The Pursuit Of Happyness is based on a true story and follows Chris Gardner (Will Smith) as his life goes from bad to worse while trying to make a better life for himself and his son Christopher (Jaden Smith). He unsuccessfully tries to sell bone density scanners while going through a competitive internship to become a stock broker.
I really enjoyed The Pursuit Of Happyness and thought it was a great film beginning to end. The highs and lows of this film are incredible. I think this is one of the best Will Smith films I've seen. There is such an emotional weight to it. The Pursuit Of Happyness captures your attention and holds it from beginning to end.
Will Smith is a good actor. I haven't seen much of his more recent work, but The Pursuit Of Happyness shows how far he can go. He nailed every beat of the film. His son, Jaden Smith did very good as well. Kid actors can really be hit or miss, but I think Jaden was a solid hit. The father son duo knocked it out of the park.
This film has excellent pacing. It never drags and it knows how to take the viewer on a rollercoaster of a ride. The Pursuit Of Happyness had seamless transitions between the good and the bad the characters went through.
I'm not sure how accurate this film is as a "based on a true story" film, but judging The Pursuit Of Happyness as a film alone, it was great. I am more interested to learn more about the true events that transpired after watching The Pursuit Of Happyness.
Would I recommend watching this film? Heck yes I do! I plan on rewatching The Pursuit Of Happyness again at some point. I'm not sure when, but I know this film will be on my rewatch list. I'm so glad that I finally got the chance to watch, The Pursuit Of Happyness.



final score: 4.5/5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Halloween Playlist

  2022 Halloween Playlist Well, it's that time of year again! It's time for the Halloween Playlist! I'm happy to continue this tradition. So, like each year, I build on the list from the previous years. Maybe you'll find something to add to your Halloween playlist this year too!  

The Batman Movie Review

The Batman Movie Review A Solid Noir Film I went and saw The Batman the other day with one of my buddies and I must say, we really enjoyed it. Granted I don't think this movie is for everyone. The Batman follows Batman (Robert Pattinson) during his second year of crime fighting. When the mayor of Gotham is killed by The Riddler (Paul Dano), it is up to Batman with the help of James Gordon (Jeffery Wright), and Selina Kyle (Zoƫ Kravitz) to stop him. From a visual point of view, The Batman is gorgeous. Every frame is a painting. The acting is solid, the plot is solid. The musical score is outstanding. I personally loved the film, but there are some things in it that could off-set some Batman fans. I typically get into the acting first, but like you've probably already heard many reviewers say before, the city is a character in this film. Gotham feels real, grounded, and certainly not a place you'd want to visit. Corruption and crime run rampant at every level of society. The ...

Happy 5 Years!

 Happy 5 Years! Can you guys believe it? It's been four years since I started the blog. The blog has been doing pretty well. It gets around 500 views a month give or take. I wanted to thank you all for coming along on this movie journey with me, and here's to another year of reviews!